Ownership of website design
- Upon completion of a custom website design and payment of web design and development fees by Saramedia, the client is the owner of the commissioned website. The client may continue to use the commissioned website to promote the client’s company or organization regardless of whether he/she chooses to continue further services with Saramedia. The client does not have the right to resell the design or development to other companies. The client does not have permission to reuse pieces of our work in a redesigned website that gives another company design credit.
Ownership of website domain name
- Website domain names are leased from domain name registration companies. When Saramedia registers a domain name for a client, that registration will be made in the client’s name. Upon payment of any outstanding fees, the client has the right to use that domain name regardless of whether he/she chooses to continue further services with Saramedia. Domain name renewal and renewal fees are the responsibility of the client. If the client chooses to have Saramedia renew the domain name on behalf of the client, an additional service fee will apply on top of the fee charged by the domain name registration companies. Clients are advised to closely monitor the renewal date of a registered domain name and to verify that the renewal of said domain name has been completed. Saramedia cannot be responsible for expired domain names.
Ownership and copyright
- All text and photos used as content in a commissioned website must be provided by the client (unless the client has hired Saramedia for content development). The Client warrants to Saramedia that all materials submitted do not infringe any copyright nor contain any illegal or obscene information. The Client shall fully indemnify Saramedia against all losses and damages whatsoever and howsoever arising from any legal actions by any party and any legal costs arising there from on any indemnity basis.
- The initiation of a web design or development project requires a signed or electronically submitted signup form, or payment of half of the initial web design/development fees (or payment in full if the entire project is RM2000 or less).
- A 50% deposit of the total fee payable under our proposal is due immediately upon you instructing us to proceed with the website design and development work.
- Upon project completion or website launched, the remaining fifty percent (50%) balance is due in full within ten business days. If the balance on a completed project has not been paid within ten business days, Saramedia reserves the right to remove or terminate the launched website until the outstanding fee together with all interest had been paid by The Client.
- Interest at five percent (3%) weekly compounded shall accrue in favour of Saramedia on all amounts outstanding from the due date until the day of actual payment, as well as before judgment. Furthermore, the Client shall be liable to Saramedia for all losses and damages whatsoever howsoever arising from failure to pay the outstanding amounts, including any legal action incurred to enforce (or to attempt to enforce) any of Saramedia right on an indemnity basis.
- We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to make revisions to the design. However, we have the right to limit the number of design proposals to a reasonable amount and may charge for additional designs if you make a change to the original design specification.
- Our website development phase is flexible and allows certain variations to the original specification. However any major deviation from the specification will be charged at the rate of RM100.00 per hour.
Cross browser compatibility
- We’ll ensure that the web sites we create are compatible with all current modern web browsers such as the most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
Search engine guarantee
- Most every client would like his/her website to rank high in search engine results for selected keywords, yet search engine results are determined by a multitude of constantly changing factors, third party search engines, and the amount and quality of competition on the world wide web. Saramedia guarantees certain search-engine friendly techniques will be used in the creating of each custom website, such as keywords in the title bar at the top of the browser and the meta tags in the hidden coding behind the scenes. If the keyword placement in these three areas is not to the client’s liking, Saramedia will change these two items to the client’s choices one time for free. Subsequent or additional changes will be billed at the standard hourly rate. Additional search engine optimization (SEO) services are available for additional fees. Saramedia cannot be held responsible for search engine results.
Changes to terms of service
- Saramedia reserves the right to change these terms of service at any time for any reason.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a)
are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or
in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort
(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge,
we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature